EKM Insight – Service Providers
Printer and Multi-functional devices that provide print copy and scan functions are today a part of all companies IT infrastructures.
Services supporting and managing printing equipment should be considered as IT services and managed in exactly the same way as all other IT services. Those services should be forward looking, planned, robust and secure delivering an optimised service for the business and ensuring high service availability supporting users in doing their job delivering value to the business.
There are however a few complexities associated with printing equipment that need to be taken into account less critical with other IT equipment which requires a higher level of sophistication in the management infrastructure.
Printing equipment requires regular supply of consumables and maintenance services. It is therefore imperative that the location of the printing assets is known and kept up to date to ensure consumables and services are delivered to the right location. Printing equipment can often be moved and with the very best will in the world change control may not trap all of these moves and changes. Active asset moves and change control is therefore at the core of a high-quality print service.
Consumable supply chain management
Printing equipment requires replacement consumables to be delivered efficiently and at the right time to maintain the user service but to minimise stock and inventory holding. Therefore, the IT service needs to account for this with intelligent demand forecasting and active supply chain management. It needs to know which consumables to order for which equipment and ensure they are delivered to the right location at the right time.
Planned service and maintenance management – effective service chain management
Printing equipment is certainly and IT asset, but it is also a fine tuned piece of electromechanical equipment. As such it requires active service and maintenance to be efficiently delivered to maintain high user service availability. This will be more frequent than other IT equipment and requires to be effectively planned and organised to minimise customer disruption and to efficiently utilise service resources to ensure minimum cost of service delivery.
Usage tracking and planning
To ensure optimal value for the business and effective return on the asset value deployed the usage, that is how much is printed, needs to be appropriate to the equipment capability, its performance and cost. Usage patterns do change in all businesses therefore knowledge of usage is important to ensure the right assets are in the right locations supporting the business in the optimum way. Usage is also a key cost driver associated with consumable consumption and service visits. If a cost per page or cost per copy is the service charging model used this will be directly associated with the cost of the service and a critical item to be correct both for the service provider and the end customer.
Designed for Lifecycle Service management
EKM Insight software has been designed specifically to address these needs to ensure that Print can be finally managed just like any other IT service, managing the entire service lifecycle from Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transformation and Service Operation with active Continuous Improvement to fully support the principles of ITIL®.
The software is intelligent, learns from your environment and helps both end users and service providers achieve an optimised print service working together.
The critical element – Customer Value
End users experience an improved, reliable and highly available service, Service providers increase their productivity assisting in increasing the service value they can offer to their customers.
Available as a secure cloud service, private cloud service or on premise service with advanced roles and workflows with highly sophisticated remote control capabilities and flexible integration Insight provides the flexibility and value to meet the most diverse and demanding operating requirements.
For Managed Service Providers, IT resellers, Printer consumables resellers
- Highest operational productivity – Top quality service delivered with the lowest operational cost
- Flexibility to provide full managed services, consumable sales automation and collaborative customer services
- Highly productive service delivery, scales with minimal additional resource
- Secure Private cloud service
- Unrivalled remote control and real-time information for efficient and effective decision support
- Scales from SME to Large Enterprises functionally, operationally and securely
- Global data centre locations to comply with current and future data protection requirements, scale and performance
- On premise option for sensitive customers and onsite service delivery
- ERP Integration and supply chain optimisation
- Consumables only services
- Opens new service opportunities to add customer value and expand your market with low cost sales leads from customers who must order consumables today – why not from you?
- Distribution price, availability, automatic ordering and shipment including accounting system integration for low cost, low touch productive customer value
For end users
- Self-Manage your print service should you wish to do so
- Collaborate efficiently with your Service Provider
- Manage your internal processes efficiently
- Active collaborative moves and change management
- Consumables from Dock to Device
- Paper replenishment
- Print equipment load balancing
- Manage your internal processes efficiently